Pets Allowed / Sleeps 10 / £1,000 - £2,010
|Harlyn Bay, nr Padstow
Headlands is the Eastern half of the original large house built in the 1930’s. It has been extended and modernised twice and now forms a large 5 bedroom property in its own right. Warm and comfortable for year round use.
The ground floor comprises of A large Kitchen/ Breakfast room overlooking the sea with extendable dining table for a dozen or more, small sitting room for 6-8 persons, the larger sitting room, added in 2005, has a large fireplace and three triple sofas. Behind an old ships rudder a small stair leads to the Rudder Room – a child’s delight and attic room dormitory for 4 persons (Adults love it too!). On the ground floor and to the rear is a large Double Bedroom with additional bunk beds and an ensuite Bathroom. This room is on the level and suitable for persons with limited mobility. For general use, a walk in Shower Room, WC and Drying Room complete the ground floor facilities.
The first floor comprises of a Master Bedroom with double bed and view up the coast as far as Devon, two further Twin Bedrooms both with sea views and a bathroom and separate WC.
The house has a basement with additional Fridge and Deep Freezer, Washing machine and Dryer, plus logs and coal storage.
The house has ample grass areas for playing games, parking cars, or sitting at the 2 large picnic tables.
In the field there is a newly surfaced hard court tennis court which is shared with the other houses. There is no booking system in operation, and we trust that no one house will monopolise the use of the court, and abide by the rules, ensuring they are wearing appropriate foot wear.
Information and Facilities
- A travel cot is available
- Also included is a telephone and WiFi broadband access.
- Outside parking for several cars, barbecue, various sun loungers and 2 large picnic tables.
- There are extensive lawns and use of a hard court tennis court (shared with other houses in the family owned field)
- There is a restaurant and pub 200 yards and shops 1 mile from the house.
- Heating and electricity are included in the rent, linen is not provided.
- Cleaning and bed linen is included in the rental, an opt out for light use can be negotiated in special circumstances
- A maximum of two well behaved dogs is permitted.
- Changeover day is Thursday, in by 3pm out by 10am.
Headlands is generally booked out year on year to the same tenants. It is also popular through the winter for long weekends and off season holidays. Space does however become available, periodically, and enquiries can be made to Emily Donnelly here